Monday, July 09, 2007

Passive Aggressive and Packing



It's only Monday but I feel like this week is already taking forever! Friday was very busy, I spent almost the entire day in the kitchen cooking for Shabbos. It was just me and Buggy, but I cooked enough for an army. As soon as Shabbos was over, we quickly cleaned up and headed out to Jerusalem. Buggy had a big test on Sunday and we had to get back so that he could meet with his tutor to study. I spent a few hours in his apartment playing this awesome iLike Music Challenge on Facebook and really started driving my score up! After Buggy got back, we packed up and went to his parents house to get some sleep. His Mom was in the dining room working on her invitations, so I stayed up with her until 3:00 a.m.! Needless to say, I was exhausted by the time I got to bed.

Sunday was a very, very busy day too. Buggy woke me up before he left for his test and I snoozed a bit before going furniture shopping in Talpiot. The area has EVERYTHING, which is nice, and I was able to find a really nice 9 door closet for the apartment. The good news is that the closet will only take 30 days, so I will be able to unpack all my boxes and suitcases as soon as I get back from the wedding!

When Buggy finished up his test, he met me at the apartment and we went back to his apartment to eat some leftovers. Cousin Neil sent me an e-mai the other day that the two of us eat out a lot, so we're trying to be better about that. We had some yummy leftovers and then we relaxed a bit before Buggy drove me to the bus. I got off at the station and walked, with my laptop in my knapsac on my back, straight to the apartment. It felt good to move, although my shirt was sticking to me in the humidity.

The streets of Tel Aviv are super crowded these days and I can't even count the number of different languages I hear. The tourist have INVADED in mass and it's really, really interesting. I'm hoping to hit the beach on day this week, as a farewell to the beach before I move, and I'm sure the sand will be crowded.

Today was a really busy day. I packed up all my hanging clothes and all of my winter stuff. I also packed a huge box full of hangers and started to organize a bunch of other stuff. Tomorrow, I'm going to pack up my toiletries and some books. I'm trying to do everything efficiently and also slowly, so that on Saturday night I'm not scrambling to pack up my entire apartment before the movers come.

OMG - I'm moving on Sunday! It's insane! How did that happen? I feel like I literally JUST moved to Tel Aviv from New York! Well, no quite, but I feel like I've finally really gotten to know my neighborhood, that I can't believe I'm moving away from it.

After I did some packing up, I decided to walk to the post office to mail a letter. Get this - the post office workers only work from 8-3:00 p.m. in July! Can you believe that? What a great life they have, huh. Disappointed, I walked back towards my apartment and took out some money to change so I can pay my movers. I stopped off at AM PM on Dizengoff to pick up some salmon for dinner and then headed back to start cooking.

So, here's how I've been passive aggressive and yes, I know it's childish, but I feel good about it. Itai called me yesterday and said that he wants to show the apartment to some guy who answered his ad on homeless. He asked if the guy could come at 10:00 p.m. and, since I knew I would be in the apartment, I told him that would be fine. They showed up on time, took the tour, opened all the cabinets and drawers and everything as I sat here and tried to watch The Constant Gardner. I was annoyed because Itai was such a tool about asking me to show the apartment, that when he called this morning to say he wants to show the place to someone else at 10:00 p.m. tonight, I decided to take action.

And so, I cooked 16 spicy chicken sausages on my grill pan for lunch and then, for dinner, I grilled two huge pieces of salmon. The windows stayed tightly locked. And lord, but the gorgeous scent of chicken sausages mixed with salmon is absolutely incredible. I can't wait for them to come on over.

OK - they're here - gotta run.

No comments: