Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Gossip Girl



XOXO

I'm obsessed with Josh Schwartz's Gossip Girl and thank g-d that iTunes has all of the episodes, cause it's such a wonderful guilty pleasure! I'm up to episode 4 and can't wait to carve out another hour today for another episode.

So, yesterday was another annoying day dealing with Israeli beaurocracy. We went to Misrad Hapnim, the Ministry of Interior, to change our Teudat Zehuts and passports. Thinking that all we needed was the Rabanut paper, we were completely blindsided when they told us that it couldn't be done because when I went to get my Teudat Zehut in Tel Aviv, I was supposed to bring them a letter saying that I was Jewish. Yeah, I had that letter for months, but all of my friends here told me that they didn't really need it. That the woman at the Misrad Hapnim in Tel Aviv didn't know what she was talking about. Blah blah blah. And, like a completely idiot, I listened to my friends who made Aliyah before me and supposedly knew what they were talking about.

Yeah, they didn't and so Buggy and I were screwed because I no longer had that letter. The Rabanut took the letter when they decided that I was in fact Jewish and ruled that way in our marriage case. So, we had to go back to the Rabanut to get the papers from our file. I know, why didn't I make a copy. I had meant to but then the case at the Rabanut came up and when they took it I was too shy to ask to make a copy.

I will never make that mistake ever again!

So, we had to go back to the Rabanut and sit, and wait, until they would deal with us. And folks, the Rabanut is an evil place full will very unhappy people who are waiting to get divorced. Tensions are high and no one really lkes anyone there. When we finally managed to get the documents, I told Buggy that I never, ever want to go back to that building again!

Well, then Buggy dropped me off at home and I ran some errands. Little things like picking up packages from the post office and food shopping. We purchased a moldy 5% cheese cake for Kiddush on Shabbos from the Cafe Neeman at the gas station on Pierre Koenig street and I felt terrible becaue Buggy really, really wanted it. So, I bought the ingredients and made him a cheese cake from the Kosher by Design: Short on Time cookbook. Besides my Mom's cookbook, it's really the only one that I have so I'm slowly weeding my way through it.

Then, Buggy returned and we went to Chile Street to the Macabi center so I could have hearing tests. It lasted about an hour, and that was because the computer wasn't working well, but B"H my hearing is fine. The audiologist gave me a letter to give to the ENT and then it's off to another follow up appointment. I'm just hoping these marathon Dr. visits will end and I can get on with my life. It's starting to really become a strain for us both, running from Dr. to Dr. And, while we were there, we were able to get the results of our genetic testing. B"H, it looks like everything except maybe for one, turned out completely normal. There was one thing that I had 2 strands of on my DNA, and so we're waiting for the official letter to see if Buggy needs to go and have that tested. But, B"H, for all other 11 Ashkenazi genetic diseases I was clean. Phew. That was such an amazing relief.

Well, Buggy dropped me back off at home so he could get back to the office to work and I did some baking. Then, I figured out what we were having for dinner and I just relaxed. It was nice to just chill out for a while, especially since I'm hoping to be really busy today. Aside from finishing up a project for a client, I have to do a big bank run and this time I will be doing it sans Buggy. I woke him this morning at 6:45 a.m. for his 8:00 a.m. class. Buggy needs some TLC in the morning, so I made him a breakfast sandwhich and added it to the breakfast bag I started last night. I also made him a lunch bag, and made sure he didn't forget that on his way out the door this morning. P"G, so far Buggy has lost 4 pounds since Yom Tov ended and I'd like to think it's because I am preparing his meals for him and we are trying to get more active. My weight loss, of course, it an entirely different matter. But for now, I'm pleased that at least one of us is doing well on our diets!

After the bank, I am going to do some more fruit and vegetable shopping and then I have to cook dinner as Buggy's old roomate is joining us. He is going to help Buggy with some assignment so I figured the least I could do was feed the man in appreciation.

And, as far as school is concerned, last I heard the Professors weren't even negotiating. I was really bummed that this looks like it won't end any time soon and I asked Buggy if he thought I should just completely drop out of the program. He encourages me to do whatever I want, and he will support me. But, I know that I'm going to just see it through till the end. If it's one thing my parents taught me, it's to never be a quitter. No matter how unhappy I may be.

Oh well, one more year of school won't kill me. And, at this rate, it won't even happen so I think I'll be able to tough it out.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

XOXO

1 comment:

NYCtoTLV said...

Hey,

Your blog is great and some of your entries remind me a lot of my current situation. I was wondering whether you are married yet, as I'm having a similarly hard time at the Rabbanut Tel Aviv.

And, yes, Static Guard is crack.

Nicole