Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Buggy Luvs Me



Buggy loves me. He sent me 15 red roses after yesterday's ordeal. It's too much to rehash online, I personally would like to forget the experience completely, but I am grateful to the Dr. who gave me good news in the end. That is really all that matters.

So, I didn't make it to school today. I spent the day recoupperating from yesterday and that meant sleeping in until 11:30 a.m. Then, it was up and back to wedding plans! Mom and I had our early morning conference call to discuss some agenda items and then it was back to the internet for me. Looking for some florists, a headpiece, hotels for our out of town guests, etc. I'm going to be very relieved once all of the wedding plans our set.

The exciting news is that Buggy and I are having an impromptu engagement party in Tel Aviv on Saturday night. I would have hosted it here in my apartment but I still have no place for people to sit. So, we decided to host the party at a bar a few blocks from my apartment. They have a great upstairs area and I reserved it for majority of the evening. We're looking forward to Buggy's Jerusalem friends mingling with my Tel Aviv friends. It should be a good time!

Have you caught the pilot episode of The Black Donnellys? If not, I highly suggest you go ahead and check it out. It was absolutely superb! Buggy and I both really, really enjoyed it. But, here's the curious thing. There are apparently two different episodes floating around the internet. I downloaded one off iTunes for free after I watched the episode on YourTVLinks was shocked at the musical selection on the one I downloaded. The episode was no longer as exciting with the new score and so, when Buggy and I sat down to watch it, I used the one from the website as opposed to the one I already downloaded. Aside from the music in the beginning, the ending just wasn't the same with the Snow Patrol song as opposed to the Arcade Fire song.

Song of the day is Rebellion (Lies) by Arcade Fire. This is off of their Funeral album and is a must listen for all!

I spoke to Cousin Neil this morning, who called to complain about the fact that he's still sick. He's been running 102 fever for the past four days and is now getting a little concerned. Cousin Larry told him that it's just a virus and he'll be fine in a few, but Cousin Neil is getting pretty frustrated. I could relate, it's awful being sick on vacation! I think he found some cake bakery on Emek though, so chances are at least the sugar high should help him feel better (at least temporarily).

I hear it's snowing again in New York. Marns was annoying that she had to clean off her car again this morning and I felt bad. It's absolutely beautiful in Tel Aviv today. Bright blue skies, plenty of sunshine, a nice breeze coming off the ocean. All you need is a light sweatshirt in this weather. After I finish updating the blog, I'm going to check in with folks from class to see how the day went and then it's off to run some errands. I have nothing in my fridge and I need to make dinner tonight. I'm also going to try to head over to the beach for some exercise.

LIterature of the day is Crash Diet by Jill McCorkle. This short story is beautifully done using very clean and effective language. I highly recommend the short story for anyone in the mood for a fun read!

No comments: