Friday, July 14, 2006

Y Tu Natalie Portman Tambien


Gael Garcia Bernal
Originally uploaded by holylandhipster.
In light of the recent situation in Israel, I felt it necessary to lighten things up a bit on my blog. That, and the fact that I am awake again (this time, it's because of a client who had an interview on Arizona radio that I had to coordinate).

Since I've spent the past 19 hours surfing the net, watching CNN and Fox News Channel, and reading blogs about Israel, it was inevitable that I would stumble upon this article about Natalie Portman on Ynetnews. At the end of the brief entertainment article though, I was pretty confused. The reason it was confusing to me is because of both the headline and the subhead:

Help find Natalie a nice Jewish man!
Young Miss Portman wishes to teach her future children a lesson in Judaism, but is meanwhile unable to find a Jewish hubby.

But then the body of the article didn't mention that she was particularly searching for a Jewish husband. Rather, the only indication that there even was an issue with her dating non-Jewish men came from a quote attributed to her Father, who apparently cojoles her non-Jewish beaus regarding a "simple operation" that would morph them into yids. And apparently, it annoys Natalie when he Dad "goes there".

Well, let's be serious for a second, if I dated non Chatichs (my new Hebrew word of the day), I too would make a beeline for Gael Garcia Bernal.

Reference: Y Tu Mama Tambien, Amorres Perros, Bad Education and Motorcycle Diaries are all great films featuring this Mexican actor/heartthrob.

Song of the day: Rompe by Daddy Yankee. Enjoy this sizzling Spanish summer song.

No comments: