Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Darts of Pleasure


Franz
Originally uploaded by holylandhipster.
While perusing the myriads of Yahoo newsgroups in my search for an apartment/advice/Brit music enthusiasts, I was alerted to a site called Bemember. Branding issues aside (where did they come up with that name??), this site is like Citysearch but for Tel Aviv! They have loads of great information about Tel Aviv and I fully intend to use this as a resource as soon as I get in country.

Anyway, I was on the site and I clicked onto the music section. Again, since one of my goals is to find British music enthusiasts who live in Tel Aviv, I figured this was a good way to figure out what the local music scene is like. At the bottom of the page I saw a listing for Depeche Mode and immediately clicked on it.

Depeche Mode AND Franz Ferdinand are slated to perform at Yarkon Park on August 3rd! Sadly for me, I will still be in New York, but the locals are bound to have a great time! Franz Ferdinand in concert is truly a treat, and I rank them up there with some of my great concert experiences seeing bands like Kaiser Chiefs and Maximo Park.

For those unfamiliar with Franz Ferdinand, I recommend downloading songs including Do You Want To, Take Me Out and Darts of Pleasure . And, anyone who is attending the concert and plans to blog about it, please send me a link when your review is up!

Cheers!

1 comment:

tafka PP said...

Found this blog via Anglosaxy...
Can you cope with British Music Enthusiasts who live in Jerusalem but spend a lot of time in Tel Aviv?!

Either way, the music scene in both cities rocks. Enjoy...