Monday, November 05, 2007

Accident



10 minutes ago, Buggy was in a car accident. He was rear ended while crawling up Keren HaYesod by some idiot kid who probably just got his license. B"H, Buggy is okay and the car doesn't seem to have sustain any big damage. But, I'm absolutely enraged that it happened. I'm so angry and so, this blog will be all about me venting at the crappy, stupid, and dangerous Israeli drivers.

Israeli drivers are absolutely, 100% dangerous. They ALL act as if they own the road, and other drivers be damned. No one, not one single Israeli driver on the road, is at all cautious. They are all aggressive drivers, and that's why every single day we hear on the radio about people killed in driving accidents. And for what? Where's the big damn emergency? Why is EVERYONE in such a hury? It's a ridiculous cultural problem that needs to stop - and needs to stop now - because people are DYING for no good reason! Isn't it bad enough we have to worry about terrorist, but now we have to worry each and every time we get behind the wheel? I was taught to always be a cautious driver, not to be aggressive and to always stay on guard. I will prorbably be one of a handful of drivers on the Jerusalem roads who is not gunning the motor or trying to cut someone off for no good reason. The other night, Buggy almost got into 2 accidents because two morons decided they were going to run red lights. They were actually racing each other, and Buggy had the green and started to go and these two guys cut him off and so close that he was shaking when he made it to the next light unharmed.

Stupid, stupid, stupid drivers. It makes me sick when I'm in the car and I watch people being so reckless with their lives. Do they not realize how many tons of steel they are controlling? Do they not realize that it's not just their own lives they put in danger, but everyone else on the roads? (and that includes people just crossing the street!). Don't get me starting on the rules of the crosswalk, which many drivers simply ignore. If you see someone standing at the cross walk and preparing to cross, you STOP! Period. You don't go because you feel like it. The pedestrian, in this instance, has the right of way. So you yield. And screw all the people behind you who don't want you to wait. Unless it's Magen David Adom or Hatzolah with the lights flashing and the sirens freaking blaring, you wait!

Ugh, I'm so mad right now I could scream. Stupid, stupid, careless, reckless, insensitive, bullheaded, moronic, asshole DRIVERS!

OK, now that I have that out of my system, I am very thankful that Buggy is okay. He is very shaken up and extremely shocked, but he should be fine. I'm going to give him a massage later on cause his back is hurting him a bit, and hopefully he'll be able to put this experience behind him.

Yesterday, we had a wonderful anniversary. We each did our errands, I went for a nice long walk on Emek Refaim and checked out Tollmans, which is a great store for housewares and pots/pans. Unfortunately, their prices are not necessarily in my budget range so I left empty handed. We went out to Selena's for dinner, which I actually think is better than Joy, and we had a really nice time. We decided to walk there and back, so we could get some exercise and not have to move the car. It was such a gorgeous night out, that the walk both ways was perfect. I love that you can look up at the sky and see all the stars, you can't really do that in New York City.

This morning, I stamped all of the thank you notes and took them to the post office. Now, only the envelopes without addresses remain and so I have to figure out how to get these notes to the people who gave us such nice presents. I then decided to go for another long walk and went to 4UGifts on Derech Hevron to pick up some items on hold for us. I needed two trivet holders, a gravy pot for Thanksgiving, and a metal strainer to make my Aunt Amy's bread pudding. I am thinking about giving her a call in a few minutes to talk about Thanksgiving, since she always hosted when we were growing up. Between my Mom's turkey recipe and her bread pudding, I think I should do okay in a couple of weeks.

We're also really planning our London trip and can't believe it's already next week! We decided to spend Thursday doing a bus tour around the city, so I can see all of the touristy locations I've never been to, and then shop on Friday in Brent Cross. Shabbos will be with the family and Saturday night we might just go out to eat or get together with some friends. Then on Sunday, before we fly out, we'll go to the London Eye to check out the City from the air. Personally, that is going to be the scariest for me as I'm not such a fan of flying, but Buggy promised to keep me calm. As long as he holds me, I should be ok!

Tomorrow, once again, I don't have school so I'm going to do some cleaning and organizing and some work. I did get a small project that I need to hand in soon, and so tomorrow while Buggy is in school will be a good opportunity for me. I also finally got comments back on my thesis proposal, and I need to make edits to that and hand it in to the Masters committee for approval.

This afternoon, while Buggy is at work, I'm going to do some cooking. Since we ate out both meals this Shabbos, I have no leftovers and so I'm going to make something fresh. Hopefully Buggy will have an appetite when he gets home, but we'll see how he's feeling.

Product of the Day


The Oxo Good Grips Turkey Baster is the coveted item of the day. First of all, I think Oxo Good Grips is a fantastic brand. They produce some amazing and durable products for the kitchen, and all I want these days is a good ol' turkey baster. Only, I can't seem to find one. I went to Tollmans and they didn't have any; I went to 4UGifts and they too didn't have one. Apparently, there is some new cook store that opened up in one of the little malls in Talpiot but I haven't been there yet and don't know if they would carry a baster. I even looked for one at Ikea and didn't find anything. I'm at a loss people, but fortunately, I'm going to London next week and I would be SHOCKED if I can't get one there. Fingers crossed that I can find one, otherwise I'm gonna be serving a dried out turkey in 2 weeks!

No comments: