Monday, September 04, 2006

Sweet Emotion




Moving again in (hopefully) 4 more days! I can't wait to start settling in! This blog entry is going to be very short as I have to catch the bus for school in 20. Tamara read my assignment due in class today and had two comments:

1) The character's voice didn't sound believable. She was 24 but sounded 14. Good point
2) The piece felt rushed.

So, that was kind of bothersome to me. We discussed her story versus mine and I think I might have a listening comprehension problem because I interpreted the assignment differently. She interpreted the assignment as a conversation between two family members, while I thought it was a story told by one family member to another.

We'll find out today during class but there is no way I'm reading my piece aloud. I don't plan on developing it and it wasn't as good as I would have liked.

No matter. Last night I began working on the short story I'm going to hand in as the final assignment after the end of class. Working title is Wild, Wild Horses and it should be interesting! I can't wait to finish it.

Last night was relaxing. I went to the beach to watch the sunset and then walked to AM PM to pick up something to make for dinner. Then I got back and just caught up on some e-mails, watched the Israel vs. Macedonia game on Channel 10 and spoke to Cousin Neil and Marns. Sounds like South Africa was a lot of fun, albiet injury ridden. Neil - I hope your black eye heals soon!

Off the class!

Song of the day is Going to Town by the Afghan Wigs.

No comments: