Monday, June 11, 2007

Dumbest Tap Ever





OK, look closely at these pictures folks. This is the dumbest tap to ever be put into a bathroom! In case you can't really tell from the pictures, the faucet on this tap is too long for the sink. In order for me to wash my hands so that water does not end up on my shirt or pooling down at my feet, I have to move the faucet to either the left of the right side of the sink. Forget trying to wash my face. That's a near impossibility! Fortunately for me, I am outta here in 5 weeks! That's right, 5 weeks, and whomever they end up getting to move in here will just have to deal with their stupidity.

What I don't understand is why the plumber, who spent all of 30 minutes in the apartment installing the thing he claimed would take 3-4 hours (minimum!) didn't call to tell them that this tap wouldn't work with the sink? How come he didn't let them know that they need to purchase a smaller tap? I mean, they could have come and measured the tap when my landlord's sister was in the apartment yesterday! Did she simply look at the sink and then went to the store and just picked out something cheap that closely resembled the old tap? That's really the only thing I can think of, cause otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

My landlord is not my favorite person these days. First, she called me at 7:45 a.m. to order me to stay home and wait for the plumber. I don't take too kindly to being woken up before 8:00 when it's not Wednesdays and I have to go to school. Then, she called again to tell me that she still needs to read over our lease agreement before our meeting on Friday (the exchange of funds for my final rent payment) when she can discuss with me leaving the apartment early.

WTF?

Where did that come from? When we spoke a few days ago, she didn't have any problem with me leaving. I was giving her plenty of time to find a replacement! In fact, I was giving her almost 60 as opposed to 30 days as stipulated. I'm not really sure what her end game is, but I will physically only have a certain amount of money on me on Friday. If she wants me, she's gonna have to tell me well in advance. And if she's thinking about messing with my security deposit, well, then it's all out war. There's only so much pushing I can take!

So today was very productive. I did my reading for class tomorrow, which included two 22 page stories! And, in the midst of printing out the second large story, my printer cartridge died on me. Unfortunately, I will not have any time to buy a new cartridge before the semester is over and so now I'm stuck. I'm hoping Buggy will be able to print some stuff out for me for class next week. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to find an Office Depot ASAP!

I'm about 12 pages into my final story for class and I'm stuck at an ending. I don't know what to do, as I must e-mail the piece out by tomorrow night. I could probably ask for a few more days, but I really want this to be done with. That way, I am left with only edits to my thesis proposal and my final paper for Professor Kramer's class, to do before the wedding. I am going to be happy once all my work for school is done, cause now it's time to focus on the move!

I need to find movers, reputable individuals who won't charge an arm and a leg and will be able to move my entire life from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. I also have to cancel my cable, but without changing my settings, so that my VOIP will work from the Jerusalem apartment. I have to deal with the Mei Eden people, since I want the water cooler moved to Jerusalem too, and I also have to figure out how I'm going to deal with changing my name.

I haven't told Buggy this, but it's going to be hard to change my name. I've been HolyLandHipster for 30 years! Going from HolyLandHipster to Mrs. Buggy is like creating a new person. And since Buggy's Dad has two brothers, and Buggy has two brothers, there are already 4 Mrs. Buggy's out there. There are no Mrs. HolyLandHipster's out there as The Dude is still single and both my sisters changed their names. I'm having a bit of an identity problem right now, grapling with the name change, and I don't know how it's going to play out. Can't I be married and we exist and HolyLandHipster and Buggy? Do we have to be Mr. and Mrs. Buggy? I won't do the whole HolyLandHipster-Buggy thing cause, well, that would be torture for our kids and I don't need to give the playground bully's any additional ammunition. Anyone else married out there have this concern before their big day?

Check out this site! I got this off of my Hungry Girl daily enewsletter. Apparently, if you go to this site: Naturopathy Works, you'll be able to figure out what your body is telling you when you have a craving. So, apparently, each time I want a big ol' piece of chocolate Babka or some cinnamon rugelach or an entire box of Dunkin Donut's Munchkins, my body really wants Chromium, Carbon, Phosphorus, Sulfur and Tryptophan! Hmmm, I guess it's gonna be turkey for dinner!

Crave of the Day is a pint of Ben and Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Chunk, with its sweet cream cinnamon ice cream combined with chunks of oatmeal and fudge, it's a heavenly treat! What's not to like? I'll go for ice cream and cookies - together - any day of the week!

1 comment:

Katrinayellow said...

I'm passing on the love here - I just found a good mover who is moving us from halfway to jerusalem to jerusalem proper. his name is shmuel and his number is 026439550 - he came recommended by other people, and he's already given us a good price. just dont take the first of july please - thats ours!

in return, won't you leave a comment on my blog with the mei eden details? if you have the time of course, what with your wedding and all :)

oh and about the name change - i am the 4th mrs my husbands name. not so terrible although rather amusing at times.