Monday, June 04, 2007

Pebbles, Post Office and Prank Callers



Can you believe that I'm getting prank phone calls on my VOIP line? If the perv hadn't called at 3:30 a.m., multiple times mind you, I would have found it a lot more amusing. But alas, once I realized what was going on (and it was too nasty sounding to even recap here) I screamed and hung up. I left the phone go to VM and turned over to go back to sleep before I really woke out of my dream.

My cell phone rang at a decent hour and it was Micah, the plumber, would was letting me know he was on his way. Since I officially gave notice yesterday (hooray for me!!), I decided I should probably fix any problems so that my landlord doesn't blame me and make me pay for fixing. Basically, for well over a month, I didn't have hot water in the sink in my bathroom. But, since this is Tel Aviv in the summertime, it didn't bother me. I was more than happy washing my face and brushing my teeth with the cold water, especially since it was pretty hot outside. Well, Micah spent three HOURS in my bathroom this morning and finally removed a teeny, tiny pebble. Folks, it was so small, that when I went to look for it to take a picture for my blog I couldn't find where I left it! Anyway, all was fixed, and I was finally able to get out of the apartment.

I took a couple of wedding invitations to the post office to figure out how much it's going to cost to mail them out here in Israel. As usual, I spoke in English, since I really didn't want to bother with my broken Hebrew. Well, the teller's manager came out of the back when she heard that I wanted to purchase 220 stamps (a large sum of money) and told the teller to try to convince me to upgrade 10 agurot to get the higher postage so that the invitations would arrive a day later. She was goading her into trying to sell me, and she was looking at me through slitted eyes that it was so funny. I love when I can understand when people talk about me! It's super fun. Anyway, I didn't need to spend the extra money cause I have plenty of time before I need to mail out the invitations. I bought what I needed and then went about the rest of my business.

I had to hit the Superfarm to get a new eye drop perscription. My eye Dr. doesn't like how dry my eyes are here in Israel and so he upgraded me to a stronger drop. He also told me that I must get out of contact lenses earlier because it's not good for my eyes to wear them all day long. I'm going to try to wear glasses more often and see what happens. Anyway, I also had to upgrade my deoderant. I don't know if it's that I'm using the wrong brand, or if it's the heat in this country, but I am not happy with my deoderant. It's not a smelling issue but an aesthetic one, in that I tend to get pit stains. Now, I know countless of fashion bloggers talk about this issues and most attribute it to the tightness of ones t-shirt, but it's still not attractive. And, unless I plan on wearing a black t-shirt or tank top for the rest of the summer, something has GOT to be done. I've heard that Botox helps, in that it freezes the sweat glands, but I don't know if I'll have time to do all the Botox treatments before the wedding. For now, I'm switching brands and hoping it will help. And, if you're in class with me, don't be surprised if I stop raising my hands.

After picking up my new purchases, I went to the store and finally gave in to what I should have bought months ago. Yup people, I bought a new scale. And now, my cactus room has become the scale room as I've put it in the middle of the living room. From now until I move, I will be strict about my diet and that includes a rigorous regiment of exercise, water drinking and better eating habits!

Which leads to my Crave of the Day feature and it's a good one! I have a hankering for the Snyder of Hanover's Restaurant style Corn Tortilla Chips with a big ol' bowl of salsa to dip it into! Yummy! I think I'm going to eat my steamed string beans instead.

No comments: