Monday, February 26, 2007

And Oscar beget Neil



Neil is coming to town! In less than one week, Cousin Neil will be here in the Holy Land for almost 10 whole days! Aunt Amy is coming too and well, I would have loved to post the photo I have of Aunt Amy but I think she would have been angry with me. I have this great photo of Aunt Amy and Paris Hilton, I kid you not. The funny part is that Aunt Amy had no idea who Paris even was - they were just at the same manicure place in LA - classic!

So, anyway, back to Cousin Neil. I'm trying to be helpful on his trip East and have spent a few minutes this morning making some calls so that he can do the Kotel Tunnel Tour in English and get himself up to Amuka (hey, I'm a believer, it worked for me!).

In anticipation for their visit, and of course because Purim is coming, I have to start baking for Shaloch Manot. I am making mini chocolate cake using Hershey's cocoa I brought from the States. I have to head over to the Supermarket today to get some necessary ingredients - like coffee and flour - before I can roll up my sleeves and get my hands dirty. Sadly, I don't think I'm going to be able to actually ice these cakes. I have to talk to Buggy cause he's going to be picking me up on Friday and the cakes need to last until we give them out on Monday morning in Jerusalem.

Last night, I stayed up late watching the red carpet arrivals for the Oscars. Let's be honest here, it's really all about the fashion and not so much who won. Although, I was very happy that Alan Arkin won Best Supporting Actor because I thought Little Miss Sunshine was a great film! My two cents on who looked great include Portia De Rossi (that was an incredible gown) and Reese Witherspoon (her hair was beautiful!) and what was Jennifer Hudson thinking with that space aged jacket? I personally adore Penelope Cruz, but her hair pulled back like that was just not flattering. As far as the men were concerned, I thought Sacha Baron Cohen looked great! It helps that he has someone like Isla Fisher on his arm, that's for sure. As far as Jessica Biels is concerned, she has an incredible body but he stylist should have warned her that you never wear hot pink on a red carpet. It clashes - horribly.

OK, enough procrastinating! I have to get this show on the road and head out into the rain to get some stuff done.

1 comment:

tafka PP said...

Erm- just caught up on your blog- Mazal Tov?!!