Thursday, February 22, 2007

Insomniac Music Theater



Anyone remember the show Insomniac with Dave Attell on Comedy Central? I personally never watched it but I did watch Insomniac Music Theater on VH1 (or MTV?) quite frequently. It's 5:00 a.m. and I'm wide awake, wired and wide awake. Here's how it happened, the vicious insomniac/jet lag cycle. Last night, I was up until 4:30 a.m. because of jet lag and the fact that I'm anal and needed to unpack everything ASAP! So, when my alarm went off at 10:00 a.m. this morning, I shut it off and went back to sleep until Buggy called to wake me up at 12:45 p.m. That's when I finally dragged my aching body out of bed and got the day started. But, the exhaustion started to hit me mid-day and rather than take a nap I decided to fuel myself with caffeine.

Half a bottle of Diet Coke with caffeine.

And did I mention that I NEVER drink caffeine?

So yeah, I'm wired and my eyes are red and I should have purchased another Visine when I was back in the States. I've been IMing so at least I have folks around to keep me company through the jet lag/insomnia. One of my friends suggested that I take a sleeping pill but since it's already 5:00 a.m. and I told Buggy to make sure I was up and out of bed by 11:30 a.m., I think it's too late. I'll try to stay off of the caffeine tomorrow so I can hopefully sleep through the night tomorrow night!

In the meantime, I've been having some fun with my registries. I started one at Crate and Barrel and at Bed Bath and Beyond but haven't really added anything significant. I need Buggy's approval on all selected items before I put them out there for my family and friends to peruse. That beind said, the three items I already registered for should get his approval with no problems. For the most part, we have very similar taste, so the whole process will hopefully be fun for us. Now all I have to do is figure out how to get everything I register for here to Israel!

Just another big thing to add to my list.

OK, I'm off to try and count sheep. Maybe the motony of counting will lull me to sleep.

Here's praying!

No comments: