Thursday, February 15, 2007

Bling



It's 8:03 a.m. in the Holy Land, and 1:03 a.m. here in New York City. I can't sleep, and am way too wired. So much has happened in the past 48 hours, I'm just trying to get a handle of life right now.

First things first, I finally did it and moved over to the new Blogger. I've been holding out now, not really sure why, but I decided it was time for a change. Sometimes, change can be good. I'm hoping the new Blogger format will be a good experience.

In the process of moving to this new format, I discovered about 33 messages that needed to be moderated. After all this time, I just thought no one loved me or wanted to leave notes on my blog. But, lo and behold, I was just the loser who forgot that I changed my settings so that I have to manually approve all comments.

So, early this morning, I went through all 33 messages. I approved the ones from my fellow bloggers like Slightly Mad and Ari but rejected all those comments that were inappropriate. Oren, that means you!! I'm glad you finally found the blog after begging Hannah for the URL, and I have no idea why Lana's name appeared 3 times less than yours, but I don't think you can use that as proof that I like you better than her.

Anyway, let me call your attention to the fact that published author Ned Vizzini actually posted a comment on my blog! Apparently, I mistakenly wrote that he had written two novels prior to Be More Chill. I am absolutely honored and flattered that Mr. Vizzini, an extremely sophisticated and eloquent writer, could use such a term of endearment for me in the comment section.

So yes, Vizzini, I guess I am "a dick". Guilty as charged. But no matter how you slice it, Be More Chill still sucked.

And, before my contact lenses dry out completely, I want to share that I got engaged yesterday morning. If you're reading this on the blog and are pissed that I didn't call to tell you myself, please accept my apologies. We have been on the phone non-stop since the big proposal. Between fielding phone calls from both Israel and the States (future Mr. HolylandHipster is a Sabra), we had to shovel the snow after the Noreaster of 2007 blew through town leaving sleet, snow, and ice in her wake.

We left no snow angels, although we liberally sprinkled the salt on the driveway to keep the ice at bay. While no steaming mugs of hot chocolate greeted us when we finished our task, it was a perfect way to spend the first few hours afianced.

Too tired to select literature of the day, although I did just purchase the complete short story collection of Flannery O'Connor. She's a wonderful author and I highly recommend the short story Yellow Wallpaper.

Here's hoping the weather in Israel is a lot warmer than it is here in New York. Tomorrow will be a tights under jeans kind of day.

No comments: