Saturday, March 03, 2007

Purim Sameach!



Buggy and I finally decided on a costume for Purim - we're going as Sune Rose Wagner and Sharin Foo of The Raveonettes. And, since we are no longer losers and have been invited to a Purim party tomorrow night, we're excited about our original costume. Now, granted, my hair naturally is supposed to look like the one pictured above but brunette not blonde. Oh well, we'll just have to find me a blonde wig that's comprable.

The past few days have been a bit of a blur. Thursday was Taanit Esther and I spent the fast really busy. I did my laundry and got picked up by a really old Ethipoian man. That was interesting. After I got rid of him, I ran back home and started baking again. I decided I also wanted to ice my cakes, so after making 7 additional chocolate cakes, I whipped up a batch of mocha frosting. Then, I had to cook for the break fast as Buggy was heading over to break the fast with me. I put up the potatoes to roast and made Quinoa for the first time ever! It turned out really, really great and I'll be sending along the recipe to my family soon so they can try it out themselves. By the time Buggy got to my apartment, I was exhausted! Before I went to sleep though, I remembered my brother in law's birthday and called to wish him a Happy Birthday. But, in case he didn't get the message the first time, here is it again!

Happy Birthday Alan!!!

Shabbat was really, really nice. Buggy's parents made a kiddush for our engagement at their shul and my head is swimming from all the names while my hand is cramping from shaking all those hands! The highlight was that Aunt Amy shlepped all the way from the German Colony with the kids to be there and that was absolutely amazing!

I'll update more later, especially about a certain personal issue that I have with Israel (and these issues are very few and far between) but something that needs to be addressed nonetheless.

For all my friends and family celebrating Purim today and tomorrow, and are ourside of Jerusalem, Chag Sameach!

Be smart, be safe, don't drink and drive!

No comments: