Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday Mornings with Lana



Ah, what an adventure I already had this morning! Before I tell y'all about it, let me backtrack about 48 hours to Shabbos. First, el Jeffe gave me a ride to Jerusalem and we got in with 5 minutes to spare! Impressive, considering there was a huge accident right outside the city. An Egged bus had a tire blown out and the engine was smoking when we finally past all the rubberneckers who were holding up the show. Shabbos itself was really great, it was nice to see Buggy after not seeing him the entire week! His Mom broke out the family photos and we spent a long time on Friday night looking at pics of Buggy when he was little, at the family ski vacation, with his grandparents as his brother's wedding, and loads of army pics. Shabbos day was really relaxing too, it was just Buggy's family over for lunch and the meals were extremely entertaining. After a long Shabbos nap, it was time for me to go back to Tel Aviv and leave Buggy to study for his big exam this morning.

So, last night, as Buggy sat in his Uncle's office and studied for his exam, I decided to be a good fiance and watch the Israel vs. England soccer match. I promised to call him with any interesting action or goals, as he was too busy to watch or listen to the game. Fortunately for him, he didn't miss anything. That was probably the most boring sporting event I've ever watched, and people, I've sat through some pretty boring sporting events! The game ended 90 excrutiating minutes later in a 0-0 tie.

In the meantime, I'm a woman so I can multitask, I created a wedding website. I had a free one on the weddingchannel website but it was very limiting and no too nice. So, I went to Wedding Tracker and created our site. I spent the evening putting up photos, updating the wedding party, writing up some witting information about how we met, and loading the registries. By the time I was finished, I was just in time to wish Buggy good night and good luck, before he turned in for the evening.

This morning started off with a bang, well actually, a ring. The Mei Eden guys were here, yet again, trying to deliver some more water. Now, I appreciate that they are very vigilant with my water delivery, but they delivered 2 bottles 2 weeks ago and I haven't even started those. So, Itai called because they were outside the apartment door and ringing his bell and asked if I wanted to open up for the guys. I said I would because I wanted to return the empty bottles, and get them out of my apartment before Pesach.

After the Mei Eden guys left, I hopped into the shower, got dressed and called Lana about going to the Herzliya mall. We went to the 7 Stars Mall in Herzliya because I wanted to check out the Domo store and Lana's hard drive crashed. She went back to the Bug store to see if a technician could read what was on her harddrive and try to recovery some of that data (sadly, they weren't able to).

So, we get into a cab and the driver is listening to some Mordecai Ben David tunes and he's totally rockin the kippa. We asked for the moneh (meter) and he insisted on charging us a flat fee of 80 shekel. Since we have never been to this mall before, we didn't want to just go with what he said, and told him we'd prefer the meter. He said his meter wasn't working, so we got out of the cab and got into another one. This guy spoke English and had no problem with the meter.

Guess what - the entire ride was 43 shekel! Good thing we took the metered cab, what a ripoff!

The mall was a bit smaller than I expected, but they had some decent shops and everyone was selling stuff for Pesach! Domo was absolutely incredible! It was vast, had plenty of selection, and they had a ton of grills and appliances! After Pesach, I think Buggy and I are going to have to go back there to register for some wedding stuff.

Lana and I were done by 11:15 (we left at 9:45) and it took us three different tries to get a cab that would use a meter. He dropped us off on the corner of Arlozorov and Dizengof and Lana went home to study for an exam and I went to the AM PM to pick up some food for lunch. After getting back and doing some more wedding errands, I changed and went to change some money, hit the fruit and vegetable stand and put in my tablecloth to the cleaners.

The rest of my night is going to be pretty quiet, which is going to be good. I've saved all of my homework for tomorrow, and that means reading 3 short stories with commentary and also catching up on some Dubliner's stories.

4 days until I'm back in New York! I can't wait to see the family!

No comments: