Monday, July 02, 2007

Wedding Gown Update



I feel like a great, big slug. I spent today indoors, didn't change out of my writer's uniform (a pair of scrubs and a tank top) and tried to finish my final project for Professor Kramer's course. I am well into the story, entitled "Steinberg's Pardon" but have at least 2 more big sections to write before I'm ready to submit. I'm hoping to finish the piece tomorrow, so that all I'll have to do is study for Professor Harvey's final and rewrite my last story for Professor Hoffman.

So, I called Rochel Leah this afternoon and left her a message about my paranoia. She responded fairly quickly to tell me that I should be paranoid about lots of things, but not my gown. Apparently, my gown arrived at Kleinfeld's on Friday and it looks exactly the way it's supposed to. Phew! We scheduled an appointment for my first fitting and I happily hung up the phone.

I spent a few hours tonight learning the Halachot of Niddah and Mikvah, as I no longer have a Kallah teacher but need to know what to do once we're married. I'm hoping to find someone willing to give me a crash course once I'm back in the States, but in the interim I've been learning from Deena Zimmerman's book A Lifetime Companion to the Laws of Jewish Family Life and going to the Yoatzot website to ask any questions I might have. They have been wonderful and I usually get a response to my questions withint 24 hours. I had a lot of questions tonight, so I'm hoping to get the answers in the next few days.

I've been searching the web for new chicken recipes and a recipe for fillet of sole. I bought a package of frozen fillet of sole yesterday and it's thawing in my fridge. Since my favorite thing to do on fast days is cook, and read recipes, I've got a package of chicken and some sole in the fridge to make tomorrow. I'm hoping to also sleep in so that the fast goes by well, faster!

Wednesday is July 4th, Independence Day, and also my very last class for the year. I'm so excited but sad at the same time. I really enjoyed Professor Harvey and Kramer's classes and I'm going to miss the structured intellectual stimulation. But, I have so much to do between now and the wedding, I just don't think I'll have that much time to be sad.

Here's wishing everyone a very easy and meaningful fast tomorrow!

No comments: