Sunday, November 05, 2006

Dreams



I had a difficult time falling asleep last night. I think it was all that tea I drank during the date; in retrospect, I should have asked for decaf. It's a good thing I didn't fall asleep right away because I had forgotten to leave my empty water bottles outside of my door for the Mei Eden men. I have a calendar that tells me when to expect new water deliveries and all I have to do is, the night before said delivery date, leave the empty water bottles outside the door and when I wake up the new bottles will be in its place. That did in fact happen today. I wish everything in my life were as simple.

When I finally fell asleep, I had a disturbing dream but one that was so realistic that in the dream itself I felt like it was really happening. I was getting ready for my own wedding - I know, it was very weird for me too - and the groom was nameless and faceless. My Mom came over to get me so I could get my hair/makeup all done before the wedding started and she looked amazing. She was in this beautiful navy blue gown (again, I should have known right then and there that this wasn't really my own wedding as I am not a fan of navy blue and besides, that was the color of my sister's wedding) and her makeup was done really nicely. She was shocked because I wasn't dressed or ready to go and apparently the photographer was yelling for me. That's when I looked at her and confessed that there wasn't really a wedding, that there wasn't really a groom and that he was actually getting married to someone else. It was like I had manufactured this entire engagement right up until the last moment when the whole family was getting ready for the wedding to begin. That's when I named the groom, who is a real life ex, and have to admit that he was getting married to someone else and I was just ashamed to admit to my parents that I had broken up with him so I told them I was engaged.

Anyway, at some point, one of my nieces zoomed past me looking absolutely adorable in a flowergirl dress with a really pretty pink ribbon in her mohawk. Otherwise, no other family members made a physical appearance in the dream except for Mom. Next thing I know, my Dad was making an announcement that there was no wedding and that everyone had to go home. I felt terrible and asked my Mom how much money they had just lost out of on the caterer, the hall, the orchestra and the flowers. My Mom was really great and told me that it didn't matter, it was just money, as long as I was okay with not really getting married and losing the groom to someone else.

I woke up before I could tell her how I was really feeling, but that dream could be a treatment for a movie! Imagine, a girl breaks up with a guy and rather than tell her family that she is single again, lies and says she's engaged and goes all the way through the engagement and wedding planning without ever admitting the truth! Obviously, in the movie version there will be a gay sidekick, the crazy relative who snors loudly during family speeches and the rabbinical student who is secretly in love with the bride but has to swallow his feelings in order to marry the "couple".

Hmmm, maybe there really is something to the whole dream journal thing!

Today has been very productive. After lugging in the two huge barrels of water, I got down to work. First, I workshopped a 36 page story for class on Tuesday! Then, I got to work on the new business proposal for my prospective client. I am almost 100% done, I just need to come up with a couple more poll questions and then it's ready to send out. I'm hoping to get it all done by the end of the day. I spoke to Bracha about her concert on Wednesday night and am about to go and buy tickets. She is working on getting me a ride there and back, and I'm just really excited about the opportunity to get all dressed up and hit the town! I also haven't been to a classical music concert, so I'm really looking forward to it!

Song of the day is Red Light Indicates The Doors Are Secured by the Arctic Monkeys. The bass riff throughout the song is extremely catchy, it just sucks you in!

Oh, and this photo is one of my favorite pastel pieces by Wolf Kahn.

Enjoy!

No comments: