Friday, November 10, 2006

Kristallnacht



Today is Kristallnacht, or the night of broken glass, and I have to be honest that I had to look up the details surrounding today's commemoration. I knew the basics about what happened in 1938, but I didn't realize what the exact damage entailed. The events in history were on my mind as I spent the past 10 hours on my feet cooking. I had a couple of drop outs but then I found two people who needed meals so I'm back at 8. Phew! I'm happy because I made so much food, I will need folks to come and eat it all.

I don't think my squash soup tastes so good. I found the recipe on the Food Network but when I tasted it, after it was pureed, it just didn't taste great to me. It was a weird mix of ingredients, quite frankly, but I was hopeful that it would really turn out. I'm going to give it overnight for the flavors to mix together and try it before the meal tomorrow night. If it's not good, I won't serve it and I'll just go directly into the main courses. I have plenty, I am not concerned that people will leave here hungry.

Yehuda is back from his three week jolly in the States. He loved Manhattan and the sbsequent road trip across country. Now, we're going to get down to business. He wants to start working out twice a week. I set up two appointments with him for next week, and will see how it goes. If I think it's working out then I'm going to continue to see him twice a week.

The concert last night was absolutely amazing. I don't know why I've never gone to a classical music performance but I plan to go back. I am working on a story about Bracha and will share as soon as I'm done. Nevertheless, I will say that she is such an incredible talent I am counting the days until February 21st when she plays at Carnegie Hall! Everyone who wants an evening to remember should go buy tickets to her concert! I promise, it will be worthwhile.

I have to finish up with my chicken and get to bed. I'll be happy if I make it beneath the sheets by 2:00 a.m.! Song of the day is November by Azure Ray. A great tune for the month!

No comments: