Monday, November 13, 2006

Going Gray



I woke up this morning to my very first gray hair. I'm very proud of myself, I didn't freak out, I just grabbed a tweezer and yanked the offensive strand out of my head. It was a little painful but necessary. I don't believe the old wives tale that two more will grow in its place. Two more will grow regardless. I'm 30, remember? I know I've said I want to emulate Anderson Cooper but this is a bit ridiculous. I wasn't hoping for the gray hair when I made that comment.

Today, my savior came to visit and his name was Chaim. He is THE ultimate Mac genius and he came carrying a gift in the shape of my new printer! Perfect timing as my homework assignment, entitled One Degree of Separation is due tomorrow and Bret wants us to physically hand it in to him. I guess no one really cares about the trees in the world, I was more than happy to e-mail him the story.

Speaking of which, I actually finished the piece this morning. It was much harder than I expected, especially since I didn't have to make up the story just retell it. I'm hoping the exercise will teach me something, and that Bret's comments will really help in terms of storytelling. Again, not really sure what the purpose was for me to regurgitate something that happened in my life, but I'm confident that Bret will teach us the reason in tomorrow's class.

I've been taking a lot of walks on the beach lately. It's really helpful to be by the water, I just wish random people would stop trying to talk to me. All I want to do is walk on the beach and think. I'm not interested in getting picked up, I'm not interested in making new friends or petting their dogs (although, some have been absolutely adorable and its been hard to resist), I just want to chill. Itai goes for a run every night and tonight, I think I'll wait until he gets home to go with him. Maybe if I'm with someone, people will just leave me alone.

OK, I'm off to do reading for class tomorrow. Song of the day is These Arms of Mine by Otis Redding. If Arye was still making depression mixes, this would definitely be a tune on the tape.

No comments: