Thursday, October 19, 2006

Amuka Bound



Hannah left my apartment a few minutes ago and I'm way too tired to really update the blog. However, I did want to write a couple of quick things.

First of all, the Dead Sea portion of this vacation was absolutely amazing. It was the first time I "frolicked" in the Dead Sea, shmeared myself with mud (and wrote a couple of nice comments in mud on Hannah's lilly white back), got picked up by the hottest 24 year old Arab lifeguard name Fayyad, hiked up Nachal David in a skirt and Sketchers, toured Masada and had tea in a Jeep with an Israeli Indiana Jones wannabee and then licked the rock to taste the salt in the region.

Three days of absolute bliss.

My parents B"H got here and while I was having fun down at the Dead Sea, they have been enjoying Jerusalem. I have to wake up at 6:30 tomorrow morning to catch the 7:15 bus to Jerusalem to meet Mom and Dad for an early breakfast and to get a jump on errands. I have a 1:00 p.m. hair appointment at the place I went to last week so I should be all set for Shabbat. I'm looking forward to just relaxing with the folks for a few days.

On Sunday though, we're planning on heading up North to Teveria, Meron and Amuka to pray by the kever of Rabbi Yonatan Ben Uziel. For those who do not know, tradition has it that Rabbi Yonatan Ben Uziel gave a blessing to all those who are unmarried that if they visited his resting place they would merit to meet their soulmates and marry within the period of one year. This blessing has worked for all these centuries and countless numbers of people have married.

I was there in June 1995 and, well, 12 years later am trying it out again. This time, I'm bringing reinforcements in the parental unit.

So, if you would like me to daven for you at Amuka, please e-mail me by Saturday night so that I can add your name to my tehilim list.

Don't worry Cousin Neil, you're #2 on the list after The Dude

Song of the day is The Right Time by Ray Charles cause I was in the mood for some Ray Charles this evening.

No comments: