Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Back in the Saddle Again



Well, you could have guessed this blog was coming. I alluded to it over the past few months but here we go again. I had to just get right back into the dating game, especially with a semi-permanent zip code and the Chagim long behind me. No more excuses. This evening, after a long day at school and then writing with a classmate at a coffee shop in North Tel Aviv, then the 45 minute walk from the shop to my apartment and finally making my way through some homework, I sat down and uploaded my profile to Dosi Date which apparently is akin to Frumster here in Israel. I also have a date planned for this Saturday night with a guy I've been speaking to for the past 2 months. He's been super patient with me, considering my move and how much my life has been in flux, so we'll see what happens.

Meanwhile, Bracha is in town for the next month to perform a few times with the Philharmonic in Herzliya and then again with some orchestra in Jerusalem. I'm hoping to get tickets to her show in Herzeliya next Wednesday night. I've yet to see her perform in person but I hear it's amazing. Next time I hear her with B"H be at Carnegie Hall in February! When we spoke this evening, I told her to ask her mother in law to make Uri's (her husband, Yotam's brother) bed because I'm moving in. I was kidding about the sleep over, but I am really looking forward to having Bracha here for almost a month.

I was going to upload a poem I wrote today based on a class exercise but Tamara just called that she needs to go the emergency room and I might have to take a cab out to Ra'anana to watch her kids while they are in the hospital. I hope she is ok!

Song of the night is Black Shoes by The Films, a great new band that I'm obsessed with! Look them up on MySpace to hear from samples. Well worth the time!

No comments: