Sunday, October 15, 2006

Rain in Tel Aviv



It's raining here in Tel Aviv! Check out the photos above from outside of my apartment. It's pouring! I guess the prayers from the States, and the ones from Israel yesterday when we davened for Geshem, were accepted. That's amazing!

The sky is gorgeous now, check it out:



Hannah and Liora just checked in from Jerusalem and I don't know if it's raining there, but I do know that they are at the shuk again. Hannah wanted to go to Marzipan bakery to check out the ruggilach and then they were going to head down to Ben Yehuda to do more shopping.



I think Hannah was going to head over to the Olive Man to say hello on their way out. They also woke up early this morning and took the 99 bus around the City. Hannah will share the photos so I can upload some of the sites they saw.

I'm almost completely packed, I just have to put in a few more items, shower and then head to the bus stop to get back to Jerusalem. We're not sure 100% what we're doing tonight, but I think Liora and I will be going out to dinner (dairy, I could use a salad) and then Hannah will meet up with us after she is done with her party. I've been procrastinating today, hard core. I didn't sleep well last night, had a huge headache and finally took 2 advil at around 6:00 a.m. when the rain was coming down outside my window. I finally pulled myself out of bed around 10:00 this morning and then ate breakfast while watching Heroes which was amazing. Then it was off to see my favorite person on Ben Yehuda street to make sure that I am physically ready to hit the Dead Sea tomorrow. 50 shekels later and I'm good to go. I walked back home, packed some more, then watched Lost from Wednesday night and decided to go ahead and update this blog.

I had a lot more to write about this morning and now I'm just blanking on what I had wanted to write.

Oh yeah, this guy who I spent Rosh Hashana with got engaged this week here in Israel! That was so nice to hear as he is a nice guy and I hear she's a wonderful girl.

Oh well, I'll remember the rest later.

Song of the Day is Comfortably Numb remake by The Scissor Sisters. The song goes out to Jeff, who loves the NYC band's latest song. While this remake isn't my favorite, the song in its original version is a classic, it's got enough of a beat to get Jeff chair dancing in his car. Maybe one day I'll tell him about their concert at Hammerstein Ballroom last year. Jules and I had a BLAST!

No comments: