Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Chicken Little



Well, the sky isn't falling but things in my apartment have started raining down. The above photo is a picture of aluminum siding from my window that fell on me yesterday. Fortunately, it missed my head and just hit my hand, but it was definitely a bit too close for my taste. I'm too tired to go into the whole story but my landlord knows about the issue and she promised to take care of it.

Moving on...

I was up late last night working on my stories and have less than 24 hours to whip them into better shape before my final class tomorrow. Cousin Neil e-mailed me that he couldn't get through (sorry, my cable is a little tempremental) and was confused about the acceptance into the Masters program issue I raised in yesterday's post. To clarify, I was accepted into the program by the Creative Writing department but since this is a Masters program, need to also be accepted by that department as well. Apparently, at Bar Ilan, the Masters department is notoriously slow so the fact that I don't have an official acceptance letter isn't an issue. According to my department head, last year a number of people didn't get their acceptance letters until well into the program. Fortunately, I've been in touch with my department head, and he is well aware of the situation. I will be enrolled in the courses that I'm required to take next year, and hopefully once the Chagim are over and everyone at Bar Ilan gets back to work, I'll be able to deal with the appropriate school officials.

Today is going to be quiet. I have training with Yehuda from 1:30 - 3:30 and otherwise, I'll be at my "desk" working on my papers. At some point I have to pack for Yom Tov as I'm going away tomorrow night to Beit Shemesh, but I am really looking forward to the 3 week break from school. I could use a few days to just relax and get ready for the crew to come.

Song of the day is Portion for Foxes by Rilo Kiley

No comments: