Monday, August 27, 2007

The Clean Up




The media always talks about the great "clean up" after a hurricane/tornado other natural disaster. I am definitely not comparing my recent marriage to a natural disaster, but my lord the clean up that needs to be done this week is massive. My folks left last night, they refused to let us drive them to the airport, and my Mom warned Buggy that I would need some ice cream to get me through the night. She was right, and he was prepared, and so I got through the sadness with some Ben and Jerry's. It didn't take me long though to perk up, Buggy and I were finally alone!

I am hoping to get some quiet time tomorrow when Buggy goes to work so I can really update this blog accurately and responsibly, but wanted to just get some quick thoughts online.

Laundry - never thought I'd say this but I miss the laundromats in Tel Aviv. Can you believe that one cycle in Israel takes 2 hours and 35 minutes??!! It took me 7 hours yesterday to do two little loads of laundry!

Nidah - is really, really, really difficult. Enough said.

Presents - we got some really amazing and generous gifts. And then, there were a handful that we got that made me realize that there are people out there who must really hate us. Fortunately, none of those people were at the wedding! Whee!

Anyway, there's a lot more to write and I can't wait till tomorrow!

No comments: