Friday, August 03, 2007

Playing chicken with the Cops



This morning, I played chicken with the NYPD. It was a perfect end to a hectic week. I'll start with today before I recap how busy this week has been. I woke up at my usual time, got dressed, took my "to do" list for the day and headed out to Main Street to get my errands done. First, it was food shopping at SuperSol and I was able to get a parking spot near the entrance (not an easy feat at 10:00 a.m. on Friday!). After quickly picking up the vegetables and fruit for Shabbos, I came back to the house and unloaded my goods. I then got back into the car and drove to the other side of Main Street to pick up my cleaning. Unfortunately, my Mom's cleaning wasn't available but I was able to pick mine up. I had been looking forward all week to my Friday morning Starbucks and so I drove out to Fresh Meadows to get my venti iced decaf with heavy cream. As I was driving towards Fresh Meadows on 73rd Street, I saw two cars approach the Stop sign and only one stopped. The second one drove through with the first car and the next thing I know, this NYPD car with sirens and lights flashing, starts chasing the second car. And, they started chasing the car in my lane!!! For a minute, I really thought that the cop car was going to slam right into me, but fortunately the game of chicken was short lived and the big white van pulled over.

Monday - it's a complete blur but I managed to get to Main Street and finish making the bags for the kids. I did a lot of other things too, lots of errands, but I just can't remember it now. I do remember falling into bed into a dead like sleep at 11:00 p.m. that night.

Tuesday - was the big morning fitting, which was a bit hectic and upsetting because I wasn't so excited at the fitting. But then I went to pick up my shaytel and I was thrilled because it's beautiful! Buggy is very anti-shaytel but I'm excited about wearing it to Sheva Brachot!

Wednesday - was another local day worth or errands, which was good because I had a lot to do. I also went to the Post office to mail a battery to Buggy and mail all of our Thank You notes. In the evening, I had my first 2 hour Kallah class and it was fantastic! I really liked my Kallah teacher and look forward to a great relationship with her moving forward.

Thursday - because I was so unhappy with my fitting, I was able to get another appointment fo5 6:00 p.m. at Kleinfeld's and this time I brought Mom along. Prior to the fitting, I had my last Kallah class with my teacher and this 2 hour lesson was just as great! I'm much calmer now about Taharat Hamispacha but boy do I have a lot to do before the wedding! Anyway, I raced into the City and to Lord and Taylor to return the shoes I bought on Sunday because they just didn't work with the dress. I ended up getting a pair of shoes at Kleinfeld's, which will hopefully stay on my feet during the wedding! From a height perspective though, they're perfect! Anyway, this fitting went better as Mom was able to tell them what she thought needed to be done. I left feeling more relaxed and, as usual for the week, passed out by 11:30 p.m.!

Today - after my exciting experience with the Cops, I picked up my coffee and came back to the house to relax. I relaxed a tiny bit and then laced up my sneaks and headed to Main Street to do more errands. I picked up 2 copies of the Tenaim for the wedding, so that my Mom and mother-in-law will be able to break the plate before the Badeken. Afterwards, I went to Main Sweet to sent my Kallah teacher a good-Shabbos and thank-you basket of chocolates. I then stopped into Lilac and ordered the flowers to the Sheva Brachot, paid for them in full, and walked back home happy that I got so much accomplished.

I'm sad that I didn't get a chance to go to the UWS this weekend, I was really looking forward to spending Shabbos with Marns and co. And, cancelling my bachelorette party was very upsetting to me but I'm feeling so overwhelmed and exhausted I probably wouldn't have enjoyed myself too much anyway.

OK, I'm off to finish some more pre-Shabbos e-mails and errands. 2 weeks to go! I can't WAIT!

No comments: