Friday, August 31, 2007

The Registry, the Bank and the Wardrobe

Buggy and I are on a very bad schedule in that we stay up really, really late at night and don't get out of bed until way past Noon. This morning, my folks called from the States to say hello and we were both in bed! Buggy was even asleep! When I mentioned that to Mom, she was shocked and stated "but it's like 2:00 p.m. over there!" Fortunately, it was only really 12:00 but I woke up Buggy and we got on with our day.

And was it a packed one! We discovered the Baka post office, which is quaint and quite hidden on Derech Beit Lechem off of Yehuda. I bought enough postage to mail an elephant overseas, so I'm all set to go and write my thank you notes. After the post office, Buggy and I went to check on our Israel registry. We got a LOT of gifts off of that registry too, and more keep on coming! I was overwhelmed with all the stuff, and not sure what we still need, so I took the cards and brought them back with me so I could record who gave us what gift.

We stopped by the fruit and vegetable store on Derech Beit Lechem and bought some stuff for Shabbos. I had to make sure I had some good lychee in the house, it's soo good in this country! With a few hours to spare, we went back with our stuff to the apartment where Buggy started working on his new toy (a Maio) and I went to work preparing for the bank.

People, banking in this country is a miserable experience. It was even worse because we got ourselves a teller who was ready for her weekend and not looking forward to dealing with a newlywed couple who has over 200 checks! Well, with both dollar and shekel checks, we spent 2 1/2 hours with her inputting everything in the bank.

And then they robbed us blind on commission! I told them to take it out of our shekel account and it was more than 800 shekel! Do you belive that? I should have just gone to the ATM in the States and put all the checks into an account, it would have been much cheaper.

To treat ourselves after that ordeal, we went down to Kent and changed $20. Then, we went back to the frozen yogurt store and got chocolate/vanilla small cup swirls. We then went down to Yoel Solomon to exchange a gift. Unfortunately, just as the gift was not my taste, so was everything else in the store. Hopefully, we'll have a good friend's birthday or something so I can at least get a nice piece of jewelry for a friend. Either way, we have 6 months credit at the store.

When we got home, it was really late and I was surprised that sundown was already close to 7:30. Buggy said that it's now Autumn in Jerusalem, but I have to say that it's really hot so I have no idea what he's talking about!

So, we're going on our honeymoon on Sunday and the house is a complete mess. But, we were tired from the day so we both collapsed in front of the TV and I started putting pictures into an album. And then, Buggy asked me where his swimsuit was and I spent the next 3 hours unpacking all of our boxes!

And, you'll never guess where I found his swim trunks..yup, the LAST box I unpacked.

So, here is our closet. We have one in the whole apartment...Ignore the spots, it's from the camera and not the wood...



This is Buggy's hanging closet...


And this one is mine....



And this one is mine...


And, this one is basically mine but I left Buggy 2 shelves...


And I still have some more unpacking to do! I have three boxes left though, which is great, and then 2 boxes of books and school papers. Those will have to wait until we get some sort of breakfront/book shelf for the living room.

Anyway, Buggy is pretty exhausted and although he is almost finished with Harry Potter, is ready to go to bed. So, I guess I have to sign off cause the light from my laptop is a little annoying...

Till tomorrow!

No comments: