Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Body English


Yehuda
Originally uploaded by holylandhipster.
I'm so fricken happy today. Like, singing on the rooftops happy. And it's because I spent 3 hours at the gym today AND got myself a trainer.

Meet Yehuda, the fruit of the loins of an Israeli Father and a Rhodesian/Zimbabwein mother (how cool!) who is a trainer at Pure. So, first I went to the gym to do my usual 45 minutes of cardio, and then I had a session with Yehuda. At first, he just wrote out a program that each new member at the gym is entitled to, but after chatting we agreed that he would train me once a week.

Guess how much it's going to cost me?

120 shekels a session. And a session is anywhere between 60 and 75 minutes!

Can you believe that? A 45 minute session with Victoria at NYSC costs about 4X's as much. In fact, a 10 pack at NYSC runs $1400!

In Israel, they are really aware of the Kegel muscle. That was very interesting, I've never really worked that muscle before, but he's going to make sure I add that to my ab routine. Plus, they are really big on the lower back area. He said it was for strengthening, but I just think women like it toned so that the tattoo looks good.

I'm happy, happy, happy. We're working out next Wednesday and, in the meantime, I have to do weights 2 times a week (in addition to our session together). Can't wait! As long as I get to the gym when the traffic is pretty light, i.e. afternoons, I should be all set.

Now all I need to do is figure out what's for dinner.

Song of the evening is Sugarhigh by Coyote Rivers and off of the Empire Records soundtrack.

No comments: