Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Israeli T's


The men in Israel walk around wearing t-shirts and I honestly don't think they understand what they mean. I've see so many The Man/The Legend t's, and well, I guess I can understand those. But the ones that say No you can NOT stay over just baffles me. Melissa and I once discussed launching a t-shirt business. In fact, she's designed a number of cool t's that she totally should sell. We could ask Seth and Issac to sell them on the site.

Melis - design a t-shirt for the following slogan

I'm not your green card.

We'll sell them to American women vacationing in Israel.

So, this morning started off really nicely. I was heading to Dizengoff Center to do some shopping when I met Ronen. He literally looks like the Israeli version of Patrick Dempsey. His pick up line: Mah Inyanim (what's up) and I just smiled and kept walking. He started to follow me and asked where I was going. I told him I didn't speak Hebrew, so he switched to broken English. So he said I should take him with me. I laughed and said I was on my way to get a bikini wax, but he was more than welcome to join me. He asked me for my number, I refused. We compromised and I wrote down his phone number. Maybe I'll call him later.

I hit the Center and went to this small salon/spa place to get some grooming done. I told them I didn't speak Hebrew, and so when they spoke about me during my appointment it was pretty funny. Fortunately, they were just commenting on the color of my eyes. They were trying to figure out if it was real or not. We'll see what kind of stuff they'll say next time.

Anyway, I went to Steinmetsky and found a brand new copy of Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead which was super exciting! I was in the middle of this before I moved but didn't take the book with me as it weights 8 pounds! In hindsight, I should have just packed it, I had to pay for an extra suitcase anyway.

Once my shopping was done, I headed back to the apartment for a quick bite to eat and to catch up on some reading for school. At 3:30, I headed up North towards the gym and had a great workout. I should have left earlier, but the Grey's Anatomy episode with Meredith and the bomb was on and I wanted to watch the whole thing. Next thing I know, it was 5:30, and I still had to get back home, shower and change before the shul BBQ.

Tonight is a BBQ for new members at the shul, I figured it would be a good idea to go and sign up and make sure I have a seat for Yom Kippur.

I'll blog about it all later.

Enjoy the day!

No comments: