Monday, August 14, 2006

Limp


Luggage
Originally uploaded by holylandhipster.
I only really listen to Fiona Apple when something is wrong. It's 12:40 am on Monday morning and I'm still up, listening to Fiona Apple. Clearly, something is going on.

Sunday was my designated packing day. And, being slightly anal and uber-organized, it took me a really long time to actually start putting things into my rolling duffels. First, I had to sit down and make a list of everything that is going into the bags. Then, I had to bring all the items on the list downstairs into my parent's living room. After that, I had to open any and all toiletries and place them in plastic bags (so they won't open and spill all over my clothing). After that, I had to divide everthing evenly, and cluster the split clothing/toiletries/books, etc. around the appropriate duffel bags. That all took me four and a half hours! Finally, it was moment-of-truth-time. Whether or not the duffel bags could hold all my stuff was going to be a BIG if! I took a deep breath and got started.

When I finished packing "duffel one" and started zipping up the case, I noticed a big RIP right by the zipper. Well, obviously this was the moment to freak out. One, because I am leaving in two days and don't have time to run out and buy another suitcase and two, because these suitcases are BRAND SPANKING NEW!!!

Samsonite is a brand now on my s**t list, man!

Fortunately, my brother had a huge rolling duffel bag that he uses when he goes snowboarding to Heavenly. After much cajoling and bribing (i.e. I had to throw out the garbage last night, clean the grill after dinner, etc.) I got his duffel and was able to repack.

Here's hoping that the rip in the suitcase, which fortunately happened two days before I am leaving to Israel, is the WORST thing to happen during this entire move to Tel Aviv.

Song of the early morning is Limp by Fiona Apple.

Layla Tov

No comments: