Sunday, August 27, 2006

Playlist of life


Megaseg
Originally uploaded by holylandhipster.
Leaving my apartment tonight didn't happen, sad to say. I was still feeling out of it, even after another catnap, and before long it was 10:30 pm and I had missed three phone calls. One of which was from my sister's friend, who I'm planning on spending Rosh Hashana with. It was too late to call her back, but I'm hoping to be in touch with her tomorrow,

So what does one do in Tel Aviv when they don't feel well enough to leave the apartment? I already finished all the books in my arsenal, and didn't really want to hit the Webster's Thesauraus to beef up my synonyms for the short stories I'm working on. There's only so much I can blog about, and I'd already e-mailed back and forth with some of my friends back home.

I called my friend Eli in Jerusalem and we caught up for a while. I had initially planned on going to visit him tomorrow, but he mentioned a party in Tel Aviv on Monday night that he was coming South for. So, we made plans to meet up at the party. Since Monday is my first full day of school, he was right on the mark when he said I would need a drink and to hang out to unwind. It should be fun seeing him, its been almost 7 years!

After hanging up, I decided to spend the night adding a couple more playlists to my Megaseg. For those who aren't familiar, Megaseg is a great software for DJ's who don't use turntables when they spin music but work off of their computer's and uploaded MP3's.

Depending on what my work/school schedule is like, I'm hoping to find a place that will let me spin Indie/Brit pop/alternative tunes one night a week (they would pay me, naturally). In addition to Anglosaxy who likes Brit bands such a Razorlight, I met another local last night who was familiar with Kasabian and seemed interested in my music.

Could Tel Aviv be ready for MisShapes? I don't think it would be too hard to find a venue like Don Hills, but somehow I doubt the crowd would be as colorful.

Bands on the playlist include, but is not limited to: The Killers, Radiohead, Stone Roses, New Order, The Smiths, Ian Brown, Kasabian, My Architects, Stoney, Super Furry Animals, Razorlight, Nightmare of You, Franz Ferdinand, Maximo Park, Kaiser Chiefs, Scissor Sisters, My Bloody Valentine, Kings of Leon, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Phoenix, Apartment, Arctic Monkeys, Tapes n' Tapes, The Von Blondies, The Charlatans, The Libertines, Raveonettes, Kill Hannah, The Kills, LEVY, Office, Spoon, Bloc Party, The Raconteurs, The Greenhornes, Primal Scream, The Doves, We are Scientists, Blondie, Interpol, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, etc.

Recently, Jules and I were chatting about the playlists of our life. Meaning, if our lives were turned into some blockbuster movie, what songs would be on the playlist.

I'm still thinking of that one, although I know that I would have Zeke compose something great for either the opening credits (Jules pointed out a make-out/love scene, because his music is perfect for those kind of moments or so I've heard) or a really touching moment within the movie.

For all those reading tonight, what would be the song in the opening credits of the movie of your life?

In the meantime, I'm hoping to have a great playlist uploaded on my Megaseg in time for a housewarming party. Chances are I'll schedule it to take place when Hannah and Liora are in town in October. That should be a lot of fun.

Assaf just got on IM in NYC, so I'm off to catch up with him.

Song of the early morning: Hey Now Now by Cloud Room.

No comments: