Friday, September 01, 2006

Best Present Ever



Today is Julie's birthday and yet, I was the one who got a present! Before I continue with this blog posting, I must take a second to wish my best mate EVER a very Happy Birthday! Today, the first member of the first-of-the-month-birthday-club is turning another year older, another year wiser, and another year to have an amazing time! Jules, you've been my partner in crime for the past 4 1/2 years and, in that time, we have gone to a lot of great concerts, written some compelling stories, eaten ice cream and cried over boys (fine, I cried/you consoled), picked up interesting men and women (again, often at concerts), hustled a bunch of bankers at pool (you hustled, I kept up), shopped, swapped great books of literature, gotten makeovers, dished about The L Word, and so on, and so on, and so on. There will never be another friend like you in my life, and no matter who I meet here in Israel, they won't ever come close to you! Here's hoping you'll be up to celebrating your birthday, in style, this Thanksgiving weekend at the "Scissor Sisters show in LONDON!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABE!

I got the best present ever this morning (sadly, it wasn't Gale Harold but a girl could hope) when Urban Baby decided to finally run the piece about my client Chef Rob Endelman in their daily e-mail newsletter. The write up was INCREDIBLE, I couldn't have asked for a better hit, and the fact that thousands of women in the NYC area will be opening their inboxes to read this today (the start of a holiday weekend mind you) is amazing. I won't keep writing about my clients here because this really should be posted in my work blog, but damn, I'm proud. I pitched this MONTHS ago, so to finally see the placement run is really gratifying. I hope Rob charged his cell phone last night cause his phone is going to be ringing off the hook! If you want to see the article, please let me know and I forward it along.

So, I just got back from shopping at Dizengoff Center where I bought all the ingredients needed for a Taco Salad. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any avocado though (anyone out there living in Tel Aviv, and reading this blog, should be please me know where I can go to pick one up) but I got everything else. I also finally found Home Center and picked up two bowls (one for the dressing and one for the salad) and a couple of knifes. I think I'm going to get a lot of stuff at Home Center for the kitchen, but still can't find a good place for bedding! I need a PILLOW by next week!!!!

OK, I'm off to the gym and then back down to my apartment to make the salad and get ready for sundown.

No comments: