Monday, September 18, 2006

Exhaustion

I am so tired, I can barely keep my eyes open to write this and it's only 8:15! I'm at Tamara's tonight, which means I'm in R'anana, and tomorrow is going to be a really busy day. We have a morning full of grooming, won't go into the gorey details but it's all in anticipation of Rosh Hashana this weekend, and then we're going to hit the stores and try to buy some things that I need for the apartment. I had planned to spend the entire day here tomorrow but that was before I got a phone call from the bed place. They said that the bed will be delivered tomorrow between 5-8 p.m., so now I have to leave here by 3:30 to get home in time for the bed to come. Unfortunately, tomorrow is not negotiable as the factory only makes deliveries to Tel Aviv one day a week. I'm not really sure how much I buy that, but this is Israel and I'm at their mercy.

I didn't sleep well last night and that was partly my fault, I shouldn't have gone to the gym at 10:00 p.m. I wanted to make sure that I did some more lifting and since I cancelled on Yehuda this week (all day deliveries on Wednesday) I had to push myself to work out. Of course, that completely overstimulated me, and so I laid awake until way past 3:00 a.m. I'm really looking forward to Wednesday when I'll at least have TV to keep me company during my occassional bouts of insomnia.

Today was a busy day to and I submitted the draft of one of my short stories to my Professor to read. I haven't heard back from him yet with comments, but am hoping to start my new short story this evening. I have to do some editing of Tamara's piece, but once that's done I can concentrate on my own writing. I'm not sure how effective I will be as I can barely keep my eyes open, but I will definitely try!

My ride to Beit Shemesh Erev Rosh Hashana just fell through, so now I have to figure out what I'm going to be doing and how I'm going to get there on Friday. Chances are I will take the train but will touch base with Tova and Noam first to find out the best way to get there. Ideally, I'd like to leave earlier rather than later because I'm sure public transportation will be a nightmare with the Chag.

That's it, I can't write anymore since I have to go edit. Will write more when I get back into my apartment tomorrow.

Good night!

No comments: