Monday, September 25, 2006

Bring Back Sincerity


Arye
Originally uploaded by holylandhipster.
Meet my friend Arye, a world famous music journalist, blogger and all around good guy. Most of my Upper West Side readers know him well as Arye is the man behind the music at all of the Bang it Out parties. Arye is the second person I go to whenever I want to chat music, after my buddy Jason over at Entertainment Weekly, and chances are he either hates the band I'm into, or he has the album already and is more than happy to share the files. Anyway, I went to peruse his blog as I'm wont to do on fast days and the like, and I saw that he launched a new feature. It's called Song of the Day and he includes a recommendation along with a live link. Now, I've been doing song of the day for the past few months but am no where near the sophistication of Arye's blog with the live link. So, if you're interested in some new tunes, check out his blog!

I have 45 minutes left to this fast and I could use a drink desperately. I'm trying to keep busy and have been downloading two TV Shows for the past 17 HOURS! I kid you not! For some reason, my new episodes of Prison Break and Grey's Anatomy and taking forever to get here. I guess I won't be watching a new episode tonight. Oh well, I do have work to do.

Today was slightly frustrating since I still can't get my wireless or VOIP to work. I'm trying to find someone with Mac experience to come to my apartment and hook me up. I'm hoping to get this done by the weekend because I am just going slightly insane without my internet access.

This morning, I reworked my short story and sent it back over to the Professor to review. He wants to workshop in class over the next four weeks and I'm hoping the piece is in better shape than last time. I also started my second story and am pretty excited about this one too. I had to call Rabbi Avi in Jerusalem though to ask him some questions for the piece, fortunately he is going to do some research and get back to me. We made another tentative evening plans for our Kotel excursion, this time for Thursday night after work. I'm hoping to get there this week!

Itai called this morning to tell me that my roach problem isn't just my own as he had his own visitor over the Chag. So, we are having the exterminators come to our apartment on Wednesday. Guess what time. 6:45 am! Now, for Itai, that's no big deal but for me, that's really early. I decided to forgo doing laundry tonight and will save it for Wednesday morning. Apparently, I have to vacate the premises for 4 hours after they spray and figure between doing laundry and hitting the gym, I should be plenty occuppied during the morning. I'll do anything to keep these bugs out of my kitchen, even if that means missing out on some much needed sleep.

And that's pretty much it. Tonight I'm going to chill a bit, probably end up seeing Itai so I can pay my half of the exterminator, and then get ready for class tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a Happy New Year!

Song of the Day (minus live link) is On the Other Side by The Strokes. I love this song and have it on almost every single one of my mixes. Crank it up!

No comments: