Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Porcelin Diety



Before 1:00 a.m. today, I never really thought about the term Praying to the Porcelin god. But, after spending all morning prostrated in front of my can, I realized why that phrase makes sense. Cause when you're alone and sick, and you're fighting through the waves of illness and the pain is so bad that you just want it all to end, you start praying. And I'm not talking about opening up a siddur, going through Shema or Ashrei praying, I mean conversation with the One above and begging for the hurt to go away praying.

I have food poisioning. Fortunately, I recognized what I have because I've had it before. The culperate in both instances were similar and from the same family: fish. Last night, I was so excited to make dinner in my apartment, so I went to Supersol and picked up a package of frozen tuna fillets. They were a little too brown for my taste, I tend to go for the fresh red cuts at Fairway, but I really wanted to make fresh fish for dinner so I thought those would do. I came home and fired up my special, new fish grill pan and put another pan on the second burner for the sauted vegetables I was making to accompany the tuna. I cooked it up so that it had the nice grill marks on each side, made sure that the fish was cooked so that it was medium to well done (again, as I like it) and then sat down for a nice dinner or tuna and mixed vegetables.

Dinner wasn't exactly sitting right but I ignored it and went about my evening. When Ari called to tell me he was up for meeting out, I got dressed and met him at the new bar across the street from my apartment. Mid-way through my first and only beer though, I really wasn't feeling so great, and ended up heading home early. I thought perhaps it was a combination of the exterminator being in my apartment and spraying all morning (and that I sat here all afternoon even though I had aired out the place) and being slightly dehydrated. But by 3:00 am, I knew that something wasn't right.

So, I'm taking the day to recupperate. I called in to let my Professor know I am not going to make it to class, and I'm going to spend the day working on my stories instead.

Which means, I'm home if anyone wants to call me on my VOIP line. Don't be surprised though if it doesn't ring, I know some of you have noticed a busy signal. It's not because I am on the phone but because of the internet, just try back in a few minutes and it should work out.

Song of the day is New Resolution by Azure Ray, because when your head is pounding you need some soft tunes to easy the pain.

No comments: